The Village of Lyons is seeking applicants with a strong desire to serve their community, for the appointed position of “Paid on Call” Firefighter / EMT – B
(This is not a full time position)
- Live within five (5) miles of the village at the time of appointment.
- Shall have at time of appointment or be required to obtain during the two (2) year probation period, OSFM FF II (Basic Firefighter) and IDPH EMT – B, license and certifications.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Attend mandatory orientation meeting and oral interview.
- Successfully pass extensive pre-employment physical, drug screening and extensive background investigation.
- Possess a high school diploma and a valid Illinois driver’s license.
Applicants to pick up applications at the Lyons Fire Department, 4043 Joliet Avenue, in the Village of Lyons, Illinois.
Applications will be available starting August 23, 2017 until September 06, 2017, between the hours of 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. (No applications will be taken after September 06, 2017)
The mission of the Lyons Fire Department is to provide quality service to the residents of our village and to those we serve, through dedicated personnel who will be caring and compassionate, while performing and providing fire prevention, fire suppression, emergency medical, rescue and other emergency / non-emergency services.
The Village of Lyons is an equal opportunity employer.